Studying Abroad

Studying Abroad

Can Islamic students easily locate mosques and meet dietary requirements abroad?

There is a strong Islamic population in the countries we send students, with a healthy sense of integration with all other communities. Bulgaria has the highest number of mosques in any capital city in Europe. In Romania, Islam comprises of about 2% of the country’s population. There are many active mosques, some of which have historic links. In both Bulgaria and Romania, most large supermarkets sell halal products; similarly, many restaurants have menus with halal food too. During Ramadan, many shops open at specific hours to facilitate this religious activity.

What is the climate like in Bulgaria and Romania?

The climate is temperate although continental. There are four distinct seasons with spring weather producing stunning flowers. Summers are hot and quite humid whilst autumn is pleasantly mild turning into a short, mild winter.

What is the crime rate like in Bulgaria or Romania?

Crime rate figures in both these countries are low in comparison with many other European cities. They are renowned for being two of the safest countries to reside in Europe, security on campus is also present, together with the relevant contact information, in the unlikely event you have any difficulty, you will be safe under our support.

What about health insurance whilst I am studying, is this necessary?

Students from EU countries will have a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC); this is issued to you in your native country and is usually free. This will automatically entitle you to free medical treatment in any European country. However, students living outside of the EU will need to take out health insurance in their native country upon arrival to a European University.

What happens if I need urgent support such as with my health or other issues?

Should you need any support at any time, one of our team will be on hand to help right in the city you choose to study. They will be fluent in English as well as the local language.

Should I live in private accommodation or campus accommodation?

Private accommodation is preferred by most students; you are able to live independently at a great price and are more often than not close to University campus. Prices vary between €200-300 per month. We can support you in finding the right apartment and translate for you too so that you understand the documentation.